This black man has taken his experience of racism and turned it into a powerful solution, bringing people together in the same room to see, feel and grow their shared humanity.
JC Faulk is a Black-Lives-Matter activist, a corporate diversity trainer and a remarkable human being living and working in Baltimore, Maryland. He understands first-hand the very real police bias and brutality toward black men. And he has transformed his experiences into the powerful workshop series Circles of Voices. His mission is to wake people up! He advocates for understanding, compassion and justice for all kinds of people. Here’s a sampling of his inclusive workshops:
- On Gender-Based Violence
- Let’s Talk About Race
- The War On Drugs
- The Fragmentation of Women’s Bodies
- The Transgender Alliance
- On Being Muslim in America
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Engage with people who are different from you.
- Follow JC’s Circles of Voices.
- Educate yourself on racism and inclusion (e.g., articles, books, movies, websites, social media).